Portable devices. Ransomware attacks. Data breaches. It's a new world in EMS privacy and security.
HIPAA TV 2.0 is an all-new training program specifically designed for EMS and ambulance industry professionals. HIPAA TV 2.0 is intended to train EMS practitioners, administrators, revenue cycle staff, and other professionals and help them understand their HIPAA obligations in today's new threat environment.
In 1971, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) published the first edition of Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured and laid the foundation of EMS training. Today, the Eleventh Edition transforms how EMS education is delivered throughout the world and helps develop world-class EMS providers around the globe.
Based on the National EMS Education Standards and the 2015 CPR/ECC Guidelines, the Eleventh Edition offers complete coverage of every competency statement with clarity and precision in a concise format that ensures students’ comprehension and encourages critical thinking. New cognitive and didactic material is presented, along with new skills and features, to create a robust and innovative EMT training solution.
Today, the AAOS suite of EMS educational resources, from first aid and CPR to critical care transport, is the gold standard in training programs by offering exceptional content and instructional resources that meet the diverse needs of today’s educators and students.
Current State-of-the-Art Medical Content
The Eleventh Edition aligns with current medical standards—from PHTLS to NASEMSO—and incorporates evidence-based medical concepts to ensure students and instructors have accurate, insightful interpretation of medical science as it applies to prehospital medicine today.
Application to Real-World EMS
Through evolving patient case studies in each chapter, the Eleventh Edition gives students real-world context to apply the knowledge gained in the chapter, clarifying how the information is used to care for patients in the field, and pushing students to engage in critical thinking and discussion.
A Foundation for Life
The Eleventh Edition is built on the premise that students need a solid foundation in the basics and then appropriate reinforcement. The Eleventh Edition provides students with a comprehensive understanding of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and medical terminology. Concepts are briefly reviewed within related subsequent chapters, solidifying the foundational knowledge and offering a context when studying specific emergencies.
Patient Assessment, a critical topic, is presented as a single, comprehensive chapter, to ensure students understand patient assessment as a single, integrated process—the way providers actually practice it in the field. Core concepts of Patient Assessment are reinforced in clinical chapters, where the unique aspects of the illness or injury are highlighted.
Essentials of Fire Fighting, Seventh Edition This ALL NEW edition meets ALL of the NFPA 1001, 2019 JPR’s. Essentials 7 is the complete
source for firefighter recruit and refresher training.
Key features include:
- Organized to meet the needs of students and instructors:
- Chapters 1-15 - Fire Fighter I
- Chapters 16-22 - Fire Fighter II
- Chapter 23 - Emergency First Aid (FFI JPR’s)
- Chapters 24-26 - Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations (FFI JPR’s)
- Chapter 27 - NIMS-ICS (FF I, FF II, and Hazmat JPR’s)
- IFSTA worked with the UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute (UL-FSRI) staff to incorporate the latest research on fire behavior and fire attack. This updated research is found throughout the text.
- Hazardous Materials content is enhanced and meets Awareness and Operations levels of NFPA 1072, 2017 Edition.
- The NEW IFSTA ONE COLUMN format means more photos, more illustrations, and more tables. More visuals enhance the student learning experience.
- The Essentials 7th Edition APP – a student companion app is FREE to download. Stream all 173 skills videos FREE on a smart device. Practice tool identification FREE. Sample the Essentials 7 Interactive Course and Exam Prep before you make the in app purchase.
- A complete line of support products for students and instructors include the Curriculum, Workbook, Exam Prep, Interactive Course, Skills Videos, and the eBook.
Each new print copy of Hazardous Materials: Awareness and Operations also includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
A fire fighter’s ability to recognize an incident involving hazardous materials or weapons of mass destruction (WMD) is critical. They must possess the knowledge required to identify the presence of hazardous materials and WMD, and have an understanding of what their role is within the response plan. The second edition of Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations will provide fire fighters and first responders with these skills and enable them to keep themselves and others safe while mitigating these potentially deadly incidents.
Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations, Second Edition meets and exceeds the requirements for first responders within the 2013 Edition of NFPA 472, Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents. Additionally, the material presented also exceeds the hazardous materials response requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations provides in-depth coverage of:
- The properties and effects of hazardous materials and WMDs
- How to calculate potential danger and initiate a response plan
- Selection, use, advantages, and disadvantages of personal protective equipment
- Mass and technical decontamination
- Evidence preservation and sampling
- Product control
- Victim rescue and recovery
- Air monitoring and sampling
- Illicit laboratory incidents
The second edition features:
- A new chapter on Fire Smoke designed to teach hazardous materials responders how to prevent, protect, detect, diagnose, and appropriately treat smoke inhalation.
- Knowledge and Skills Objectives correlated to the 2013 Edition of NFPA 472, Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents.
- Detailed step-by-step skill drills with which include the corresponding NFPA job performance requirement.
- Scenario based learning tools including You are the Responder, Responder in Action, and Voices of Experience case studies to encourage critical thinking skills.
- Responder Tips and Safety Tips to provide helpful advice from hazardous materials veterans.